Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 months ago

How can we get women to do the same work men do and end the gender pay gap once and for all.?

It’s illegal to pay women less for the same equal work The pay gap exists because women don’t do the same work men do. If we could get women to do the same work men do, there would be no pay gap.

Favorite Answer

I have this exact same talk with a woman I used to work with. She wanted to become a flag girl at construction stops. I told her well if your uncle has the pull go ahead and get it.

She detected a bit of bitter from me. She asked me why. I said those jobs used to go to the older guys on the crew to give them a break from running a 90 lb jackhammer.

Her only response to me was if they can't do the job they should get off the site.

I asked her if she thought she could actually pick up a real pneumatic jackhammer.

She shunned me the rest of the day.

• Question3 months agoReport

Gigi. So move to a place where " pretty, blonde chicks " build the roads . Good luck finding such place .

I worked with women that got the same pay I did. When it came time to carry 55 pound bags of stabilizer up 10 flights of stairs they were nowhere to be found. They showed up when the freight elevator got fixed though!

Lots of women hold jobs the same as men and still don't get paid the same as men. Treat everyone fairly and maybe that will close the gender pay gap.

• Question3 months agoReport

Are employers homosexual ? So they can get away with paying a woman LESS than a male counterpart and they still choose to hire male employees ? I guess male employers are dumb or are homosexuals ... Since their primary concern must be to keep costs low.

I’m all for equal pay, but I have a question for women: can they do the same exact work a man can do?

To truly accomplish this goal you have to eliminate the differences between men and women. That means no more Mother's day and Father's day. Require women to sign-up for the selective service as men do, and if drafted into war require them to lineup for their impeding deaths on the battlefield; just like men. If a woman assaults a man, authorized force against her should be legal and socially acceptable to stop her assault. Biological gender differences should be eliminated, such as the physical strength men have over women by giving women shots of testosterone, and conception should be done in a test-tube with artificial wombs.

Then there would be no purpose to giving women an advantage over men. There will also be no purpose in living with a man or woman. HOORAY FOR LIBERAL FEMINIST UTOPIA!

Some women work better than men and vice versa, we should get paid the same or according to our effort instead of men getting more than woman.

If it is true that employers can hire women to work for less pay then why do they hire any men?

• oikoσ

It's not that simple. Part of the pay gap is seniority, training, and production.

• Rick

THEY MIGHT BREAK A NAIL !! .....................................

In a free society we can’t force women to do the same work men do. This is why feminists love the pay gap issue. They know it will always be a go to issue precisely because we can’t force women to work more and earn more.