Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 months ago

So Bernie wants all of us who, paid for our own education to now pay for everyone else’s?

Is that correct?

I had loans which I paid off with interest as I agreed to. I most certainly wasn’t and am not rich.

Favorite Answer

Well yes. He also wants those who don’t go to pay for college to pay for those who do. He’s a socialist. He promotes high taxes.

• Donnie Doom

Democrat socialism is when the mob commits suicide out of laziness and free stuff. In a sense, thats even worse that dictatorship communism.

A socialist think its okay to proposes a massive individual income tax increase. Good luck on that, look what happened to Francois Hollande

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2893081/H...

We already pay for everyone else's K-12 education via our tax dollars. Why is college such a big leap for you?

• Donnie Doom

K-12 is already too much.

Yeah, kind of. I mean, it sucks that we grew up during the time where the government wasn't interested in having a college educated populace, but that's not the fault of younger people.

Whether you think that people should have to pay for their own education or not, do realize that you benefit from living in an educated society. More education means less crime, more innovation, better infrastructure, more and better jobs, and more social amenities.

Importantly, college educated people earn a significantly higher salary on average, which means that they pay more in sales taxes and income taxes. Over a working lifetime, this increased amount could actually pay for the education which that person received. In that way, people that benefit from Bernie's program won't get college "for free," it just means you and I will pay for our own education twice.

• Dave B.

Well, my "brainwashing" has lead to a great career with a decent salary. I'm a contractor for the military, so I'm not sure how well that brainwashing went.

• ron h

That's not gonna happen and I wish he'd quit saying that.

What's wrong with that? A better-educated populace means we're all better off. And, better educated people don't vote for Republicans. It's win-win. NEWS FLASH: That's why Asian nations are kicking our intellectual bee-hinds; they all pay to educate their people and upgrade their skills as the market demands.

As those of us with half a brain or more say, "Think education is expensive? Try ignorance." As you Trump toadies prove every single day.

• Common Sense

You are missing the whole point....Americans paying for it's citizen's accumulated student loan debt is flat out crazy. They get a FREE education because they are not responsible enough to pay off their own loans? What planet are you from? Hey, who wants to pay for my $700.00 credit card debt. You?

..................................

• nunya9679 months agoReport

Correct. Any "refund" you get (which not one democrat is promising) will just be from your own taxes

Well i ain't doing that loll

• Nathan

Bernie wants the wealthy to pay their fair share: nothing more, nothing less.

• Alucard

Pay their fair share. I have to think for a second if my fair share would be 15% of my income their fair share would be 15% of their income

Cuz we want to take our world class College and University Education system and turn it into the crappy public education system we have for K-12.

• Lv 4

Our private universities are the best in the world

Public education... under the DoE is a mess... that’s what happens when the government gets involved

idk but i dont want to go broke trying to go to college

• 9 months agoReport

My employer pays for education as well. And Nunya967 is right, if you don't pick one of the insanely expensive colleges, you'll be fine.