Do you think it's right to tell a 4 year old to punch another child back if they hit them?

So my friends daughter has behavior problems ( adhd and on autistic and possibly other issues ) so her daughter is almost 6 years old and has had play incidents where she will hit or scratch the other kids. We both agree it's a bad thing and she disciplined her and ended the playdate etc. So the childs( the... show more So my friends daughter has behavior problems ( adhd and on autistic and possibly other issues ) so her daughter is almost 6 years old and has had play incidents where she will hit or scratch the other kids. We both agree it's a bad thing and she disciplined her and ended the playdate etc. So the childs( the one who got hurt) mom told her daughter , if Jenna slaps or hits you, you punch her in the face. We were both appalled...now , I understand my friends daughter needs to have consequences and needs help, but to tell a 4 year old to punch another 5 yr old is crazy, right? Or am I wrong? If they were older, like in their teens , and if the girl was a bully and constantly beat her up at school, I could understand for the girl , victim , for wanting to stand up for herself and self defense ..what do you think..