Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

Does everyone agree that all living things on earth have a soul and all life is precious and sacred ? Can we all just agree on that?

Favorite Answer

God created man thru love.; such that it follows life is precious to God and men that He loves. So we say, nowadays, Love thy neighbour, even our enemies, love the earth

So, respect living things [we dont know if it has a soul] even the air we breathe.

That is a big negative on the having a soul, ghostrider

I think living things are worthy of compassion and respect, owing to our shared desire for happiness and safety, but I deny that anything has a soul.

Bacterial souls? I don't think so.

Only human beings have souls. Life is sacred, because God created life.

• Broton

What evidence do you have for that?

Nope, not even a little.

• Corats6 months agoReport

Yes that's y killing them including trees is dead wrong!😠

We don't HAVE souls. We ARE living souls, body and spirit together. Other than that, you are 100% right.

First, what do you mean by a soul?

Second, when you say "all living things," do you include bacteria? Do you include viruses? Fungi? Algae? Plants?

Perhaps viruses don't count as living; but certainly bacteria do; what kind of soul would a bacterium have?

Pending further developments, I do not agree that all living things have a soul. Perhaps all living things are precious, but which should I choose when there is a conflict between my cat and some, or indeed between any cat and its food?

It's complicated.

People in San Francisco want to kill my Gerbil 😠 so he is hiding in the attic.

• Caesar

life is precious... but the definition of soul or sacred part will not be part of all people agreement for sure... even in the theist camp, they do not agree on that...

Most people cannot agree with that because most people love bacon and hamburgers and steak.