Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy Β· 6 months ago

If many people say that a person is very good or bad, would you think he is good or not?

Favorite Answer

Who you actually are, who you believe yourself to be, and who you appear to be to those around you, can be quite different things indeed. So no, I would not hold prejudice. Who people think you are is but one component of you.

• Snoopy

Logically the person is good.

If just one person said one other person is bad then the person is probably bad by logic again.

Usually it is true that bad people accuse you first and later the good person accuses them but this is more based on emotion than on logic.

But yes on this last occasion logic and emotion match.. lol

• ?

i like to view the facts not the gossip a WISE man once said .

. people are entitled to their own OPINION ...

. but NOT their OWN FACTS

I suspect TRUMP and CONWAY

got the term " ALTERNATIVE FACT from the Novel 1984

about TOTALITARIANISM

• I can separate my opinion from the opinion of others.

• Athena

Good or bad is not based on popular vote.

• peter m

In this question-case I think it could be.

• Mike W

I wouldn't think anything about that person based on what other people say, especially if that was my only source of information.

• Liz

People's opinions can be biased, depending on their likes and dislikes of another person. I would have to form my own opinions and try to base them on the principle at Acts 10:34,35 that "God is not partial, 35β€―but in every nation the man who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him." He encourages us to look beyond the surface of people.

Many people say many things that I trust very little. Many people say many things that I trust not at all.

Dude you should know when people put someone down it means the shittt talkers are the bad people ruining the reputation of a good person so the good person looses everyone of their friends and has no chance at rekindling old friendships or making new friends.

• Snoopy

This is experience/intuition based but in truth there's also a logic behind this.

I'd be inclined to generate my own opinion.

No. It's not the gossiper who is the most ignorant, but the person who believes it is!