I really need some advice about the used car I just bought?

So I just bought my first car today. A 2018 used basic model Toyota Corolla certified car. My credit score is in the high 600. I really felt like I was getting a good deal on this car since it’s certified and has low mileage but my dad made me feel like an idiot. I was so happy and excited and I’m now feeling... show more So I just bought my first car today. A 2018 used basic model Toyota Corolla certified car. My credit score is in the high 600. I really felt like I was getting a good deal on this car since it’s certified and has low mileage but my dad made me feel like an idiot. I was so happy and excited and I’m now feeling horrible. I like my car a lot but the total came out to almost $21,000. It came with a 100,000 mile 7 year warranty. But that warranty didn’t cover electronic issues like the Bluetooth so I added that warranty. And I got gap insurance. I’m on a 72 month lease but I want to try to pay it off sooner cause if I take the full 72 months it will come out to almost $26,000. So my dad said I should’ve got a brand new car never buy used cars from a dealership. But I didn’t want a new car cause I felt I’d be paying way more. I just wanted to take the step of really being independent and getting a good reliable car. But he’s making me feel I made the worst decision of my life and I’d like to hear what other people think.
15 answers 15