Why did my Toyota dealership service adviser seem to talk me out of replacing the idler and tensioner pulleys when replacing timing belt?

I mean I almost had to DEMAND that he replace them , but why? I asked about replacing the idler and tensioner pulleys when replacing the timing belt and water pump and he kept on saying , repeating that he has NEVER hardly EVER seen a tensioner or idler pulley go bad, that it is usually the timing belt or water... show more I mean I almost had to DEMAND that he replace them , but why? I asked about replacing the idler and tensioner pulleys when replacing the timing belt and water pump and he kept on saying , repeating that he has NEVER hardly EVER seen a tensioner or idler pulley go bad, that it is usually the timing belt or water pump and that is why they just check them, and that really there is NO REASON to replace the idler and tensioner pulleys, but WHY? why they hell not? you are right there? and why not replace them? how much more are they? but he just kept saying that he will, but he thinks I will be wasting my money but WHY? why does he want to keep talking me out of it? WHICH PERCENTAGE OF PEPOLE THAT GET TIMING BELTS REPLACED REPLACE THE IDLER AND TENSIONER PULLEYS? WHY?