neighbors illegally towed my boat around the block !?

ive been working on my boat and its taken longer than i thought and i know im only suppose to have it curb parked for 72 hours but the cops haven't gave me a notice yet so im taking advantage of the situation to get my boat fixed however, im wondering how much trouble my neighbors can get into if i found out which ones moved it without my permission thanks ! (i live in the east bay area)

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Sure. Report that you had your boat illegally parked out front and see what the cop is going to do. Nail you to the cross first...for admitting you have a boat that was illegally filled with drugs.

• ron h
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

did they put it back where it belonged?  If yes, they were DOING YOU A FAVOR by moving the boat to keep the police from ticketing or towing it away.  You've got VERY good neighbors. 

• 2 months ago

I would have them arrested for Grand Larceny, theft of more than a thousand dollars, a felony.

That the boat was parked overtime doesn't give them the right to steal it.I would move it back and put a camera on it and catch them on video, then file a police report and press charges.

If it were on my property, I would be waiting in the dark with my gun for them to try to steal it, either shoot them or call 911 and wait for the fuzz to show up while you keep the gun on them

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

they are not the one's in trouble.

It is you who is in trouble for breaking local regulations.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Have them charged with theft. You should NEVER mess with a man's boat.

• fuzzy
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Personally I'd take it as a gentle warning to move the boat & work on it off the road - your neighbours are tired of it sitting there.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Does that sound very likely your neighbors are towing your boat around the block as a lark?

• 2 months ago

Taking possession of an item without another person's permission is called theft if it's over a couple of hundred dollars it's Grand theft. The person can always come to court and claim that they had no intent to deprive you of the item but only teach you a lesson but the judge is still going to find the living crap out of them

• 2 months ago

If they just towed it around to the back of your place, it probably would not constitute theft. There are lesser charges that might apply though. Might turn into a Hatfield vs McCoy situation pretty quick if you press things

• 2 months ago

You should be able to call the police as theft

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.