Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 months ago

Why are we allowing drug addicts to bankrupt us?

Back in July, my alderman reminded to prepare a bid for carpet cleaning at the city owned senior center. While it is a large two day job and the only way I've been able to win the bid in the past was to bid cheap, about $700. That's about $500 net profit. The way things are going, every penny counts. I have experienced absolutely no MAGA yet.

So I run into my alderman this afternoon. he tells me the cleaning contract I have bid on (and won) for over 6 years is postponed indefinitely. I strip and wax floor in city hall and the PD every winter. That's up for debate now too. Work that has put $2,500-2,750 per year in my pockets for six years is now in question.

The problem is the city gets a narcon delivery monthly to save the lives of people who break into my work van. They dipped below 500 doses in July. They live to keep 1,000 on hand. They spent $6,500 on 500 extra doses. That more than the budget for extra cleaning I bid on for a year. The city is going to have to take from other departments. Sadly, they purchase 1,000 per month as it is now. We have just over 30,000 residents. Looks like 1,200 per month will be the new normal soon. It has increased 200+ does per month for several years. Not long ago, it was 100 doses, twice a year.

Why are we obligated to keep these addicts alive? All welfare, Section 8, Food Stamps, Medicaid, etc. All they want to do is get high. I'd rather deport them than Mexicans.

Maybe another 500 emergency doses in a few months. That will destroy this little city.

• A.J.
    Favorite Answer

What MAGA? That's a useless Trump political slogan of no specific meaning.

The programs you describe are Federal reimbursed ones having nothing to do with the numbers you show.

They probably just decided not to pay for flooring maintenance for a while.

And the illegal immigrants have a lower crime incidence than citizens.

I think you have a lot of ranting with little to do with the medicine.

Ask the stupid liberals from California.

• Robert

A couple of things. First, no Mexicans who have come here legally are deported. Next, your problem is with the liberal lawmakers who excuse bad behavior and stupidity over political correctness. Anyone can make a mistake and if you have to go to rehab, I can support that mistake once or twice. When you have the repeat druggies getting expensive drugs repeatedly it is wrong. Ask the police and you'll see that many of them are repeats. I can support limiting the number of public funds used on repeat drug offenders. Three strikes and you're out. Literally. I'm sorry that the trash living on our putrid streets is causing this hardship for your business and for the hard working Americans who have to step over them on their way to work. .

What, you suppose to let them suffer from withdrawal? How callous.