Luke asked in SportsFootball (American) · 7 months ago

Do I have a decent chance of playing D1 Football?

I'm 14 years old in freshman year. I weigh 290 pounds play defensive and o line my height is 5'11 and l will probably end up 6 foot or 6'1. Below are my 40, bench and squat

Squat - 450

Bench - 250

40 yard dash - 4.8

I play for a small program will this affect my chances and if it does how do I improve them?

If you think I can play D1 how should I go about this?

If you think I do have a chance

Favorite Answer

Personally, I believe that you can benefit from making a position change. Based on your height and weight, I believe that the best fit for you is at middle linebacker. You have the ideal size for a high school freshman middle linebacker.

Remember, the best way to prove yourself is through actions, not words. My best advice for you is to work hard and perform very well in practice every day. In addition, what you need to do during this (and every) offseason is eat healthy, exercise by doing weight lifting, and either jogging or going for a long run every day. If you do these things, you will get faster, stronger, into better shape, and lose some weight, which will greatly improve your chances of being a successful, top notch middle linebacker in high school football next season, who could go on to play college football.

By the way, your chances of getting a scholarship to play college football depend on your performance in football during your senior year of high school. If you perform very well in football next season, you will greatly improve your chances of getting recruited and a scholarship to play for a college football program.

D1 is not only about football, keep your grades high for D1 and protect your body.. No vaping or drinking. Transfer to a better HS if possible if not, just try out for a good team. I wouldn't think about Clemson or Oklahoma, but something like Ohio State or Oregon Ducks, which are still good teams. Ohio State has produced a lot of NFL players.. Michael Thomas, Zeke Elliot, Joey Bosa...

• Luke7 months agoReport

Yeah I don't party or anything and I'm a straight A student so I'm all good!

Hell no. You are a fat fuçk

• Luke7 months agoReport

Lol a strong fat ****

A 4.8 40 time?

Yea right.

Not at 6 foot and 290 lbs

i dont see why not, just try it and see and then you'll know

• .

You don't have a 4.8 forty yard dash. You're more than 100 pounds overweight.

A 4.8 would be record-setting for offensive linemen at the NFL Combine. J. J. Watt did the 40 in 4.84, and he plays defense.

• Luke7 months agoReport

Yeah, let me just lie to yahoo about my 40 yard dash to get people to say yeah you can! Makes a lot of sense. In a way of being overweight it helps me and I can still keep up. I'm planning on dropping 40 pounds but I assure you I'm not lying about these stats.