promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Please can someone check this car Seller are they real or scam ?

I am looking to buy a car I looked up and found car on Facebook on asking questions I received a link which is as follows, plz can someone recommend if it’s real or just a scam

Thank you in advance

Please visit our website at https://privatebestcars4you.com/vehicles or please contact us by email at sales@private-used-car.net

Great selection of used cars available on the website, at very low prices. Thousands of used cars available.

https://privatebestcars4you.com/vehicles

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

Thos are so confusing.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 months ago

The name gives it away -

BEST CARS 4 YOU PRIVATE BUYERS.

Who names their car dealership that?

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Indian scammers

• Neil
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

I doubt it. The names of the directors registered with Companies House suggest they are of Polish origin.

• Neil
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

1. There is no suggestion that the cars can be viewed or test-driven, or independently inspected, before purchase. No one in the UK sells a car without making it available for inspection, and no-one in the UK should ever buy a used car without inspecting it (and unless it is an auction, without test-driving it).

2. The address given looks on Google Street View to be a house on a residential street. If it was a legitimate company the address would be at minimum an office, if not a warehouse where the cars are stored.

3. Nowhere on the site is there a Company Registration Number, showing that the company is registered with Companies House. There should be a Registration Number and a Registered Address (which isn't always the same as the normal business address).

4. If you actually look up the company on the Companies House website, you will find it does exist, but its total assets are about the value of 1 used car, not the amount of cars they claim to have in stock. Given the company is registered, the only reason for not putting the Registration Number on the website would be to discourage people from checking the Registration and accounts.

5. According to some users on the MoneySavingExpert forums, the same vehicles existed on another genuine car dealer's website.

I don't think it is a genuine sales site.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

Obvious scam.............

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

That looks fishy !.!

• ron h
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

odometer reading in miles, price is in Euros. Why? The prices look too low.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.