Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 year ago

Legal advice on young family problems?

My Cousin is 22 , his now 6 month baby mom is 17. They got together when she was 16 BUT had lied about her age saying she was 18. My cousin is a hardworking loyal young adult. she on the other hand is baby momma from hell . When they got together her family has (still currently) CPS on them , been to jail now have a parole officer etc . Trouble fast teen. She lives with her dad and her mom out in another city . Very alcoholic family including herself . My cousin total opposite. Past 4 months , she became very distant but come around just to money drain him for food and mainly to buy weed to smoke (she said her mom smoked through out her pregnancy, mom is okay with it SmH!) He rarely ever sees her especially cause he works , sometimes cant get in contact with her . We know she's still smoking and drinking .... for a 6 month preg 17 year old !!! My cousin is getting frustrated each day goes by . He doesnt want to leave her 1. Cause of the baby 2.cause he's afraid of the system if she ever do anything . Her whole family knows about him and knows she lied about her age in the beginning.. once baby is here and she hasn't changed , what can we do ? Serious advices please he has a full supportive family behind him . He's afraid cause she's a minor

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Once and only after the baby is born AND he is on the birth certificate is he responsible to pay child support, he is not responsible to pay her money now.

He needs to take her to court, get a court ordered DNA test to prove he is the childs father, pay child support and get court ordered access.

Too late now for him to be concerned about the law, if he was so responsible then he would have used contraception regardless of how old she said she was or better still got to know her and her family long before he jumped into having sex

Lv 7
    1 year ago

Your cousin is twenty-two. Let him handle his own mess.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

He can try and file for custody if he can prove anything.

First thing he needs to do is get a DNA test and make sure he's the dad.

• 1 year ago

First he better hope AoC is 16. Second this is why you don't sleep with someone you just met. If he wasn't so quick to hop in bed and screw this girl he would have had the time to learn what she was like. Instead he saw a young girl and wanted a quick piece and ended up getting her pregnant. When the baby is born he can try to file for sole custody.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

Ok but I don't care. If your family is black then they deserve it.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

This is an awkward post. It sounds like you're having trouble accepting that he slept with an underage girl because you don't want to think of your family like that, so you're looking to find a way to blame her. Legal advice: he could easily get in trouble since there's proof of a pregnancy (if you're somewhere that the age of consent is over 16). If a crime was technically committed you should be talking with an attorney.

-Kate Yelkovan

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.