Elderly father is acting helpless but really he isnt?

I'm in my late 20s and its just me & my father living in the home. He is 73 years old with chronic health issues that he's had since I was 8 years old. Recently, within this past year, he has been acting more and more helpless. The only thing is, I think he's not as helpless as he's acting. His... show more I'm in my late 20s and its just me & my father living in the home. He is 73 years old with chronic health issues that he's had since I was 8 years old. Recently, within this past year, he has been acting more and more helpless. The only thing is, I think he's not as helpless as he's acting. His mental awareness and faculties are fine, his health hasn't changed much, but for some reason he has become as helpless as a child. Making me do EVERYTHING. I'm at my wits end, and when I try to talk to him about this, he becomes irate and angry to where I cant even talk to him anymore without it turning into an argument.

Is this normal aging or is there something else going on? I feel like he's using his age and health issues as a cop out to put all the responsibilities onto me and its overwhelming. I dont know what to do. 73 isnt that old but he's acting like he's 93. I asked him a question about moving today because we're in the middle of a move, and he got immediately angry at me again and told me to leave him alone, that he doesnt know the answer, that I need to figure it out and stop bothering him.

Is this the beginning stages of alzheimers or is he just being petty? I dont know.