What are some good reasons why a high school kid should learn how to play the bagpipes?

Now, I am really interested in learning the bagpipes, but my mother finds the instrument quite useless. (She prefers I take violin, or a more “useful and common” instrument.) She thinks that it’s not worth the trouble to learn such an instrument. How can I convince her to let me learn the bagpipes? Is there any... show more Now, I am really interested in learning the bagpipes, but my mother finds the instrument quite useless. (She prefers I take violin, or a more “useful and common” instrument.) She thinks that it’s not worth the trouble to learn such an instrument. How can I convince her to let me learn the bagpipes? Is there any practical reason why a person should learn the bagpipes? (My mom will not take “it’s my passion” as a valid reason.) We can afford everything, by the way, she just believes I should take another instrument.