Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 3 months ago

How to break up with someone you've been with for 7 yrs?

I am 31 and he is 35. We've been dating for 7 yrs. I was a virgin and told him I was waiting until marriage. After 3 yrs of dating we started having arguments and bickering, he told me he wanted a break and started talking to another girl. He found out the grass wan't greener. Once I was getting used to the idea of life without him, he came crawling back and I gave him another chance. We ended up having sex once.

I started to want to have sex but after the one time he kept denying me telling me that he "doesn't want our relationship to only be about sex" because that's how all his previous ones were and it failed. It's been 4 yrs since the first time we did it and he always makes excuses by telling me that he doesn't want me to get pregnant and wants everything to be "good". He says he wants to get married but when we can afford it and afford kids.

I was telling him on the phone last night that it's frustrating that we had sex once now he doesn't want it. He started getting irritated and told me "I want everything to be good and I don't really have an explanation"......He sounds full of crap. He ended up saying "I I'm hanging up now, love u, bye"....while I was talking.

He hasn't called all day. This relationship is unhealthy and he is a weirdo or gay.

How can I break up with someone I'm attached to and wasted years on?

• bubula
    Favorite Answer

How can you not, hon? Do you want to waste any more years? It's easy as that. Just do it. In less than another year, you'll be 32. Then 33. Life is going to move on with you or without you. It sounds as if you're reluctant to do this because you invested so much and you don't want to admit it was a mistake. The sooner you fix it, it won't be anymore.

Best of luck.

• Piero

You both could have avoided all the hard feelings and misunderstandings, if you had just had sex on your first date. All that sexual deprivation screwed up his mind, and didn't allow you to develop socially. Now, instead of a growing, maturing relationship, all you have is hard feelings and resentment.

Can't fix stupid.

Lol. He waited 3 years to have sex with you, now you think he's a "weirdo" or "gay" because he hasn't wanted it since?

To be frank, you both sound weird.

• sparrow

She grew and matured, and he didn't.