Can someone be a real Christian and be a fan of Cards Against Humanity and watch Rated R movies?

There is this guy I'm friends with at church and he is a fan of cards against humanity and plays it with me and his other friends, and watches R-rated movies. He says "I'm bad" and "I'm a terrible person, and I'm probably going to hell." and laughs when he says it. Honestly I've played that game a couple times before and watch some Rated R movies, but he and I still go to church and say we are Christians.

Favorite Answer

Watching R rated movies and playing games doesn't send anyone to hell. Believers in Jesus have liberty. What sends a person to hell, is dying without having believed in Jesus for eternal life.

.

Believing in Jesus means being forgiven all sins past and future, and means going to heaven (Acts 10:43).

Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed in Jesus for eternal life, or not.

.

The truth is that Jesus loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that Jesus is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing in Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in Jesus to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven when you die, because you believe in Jesus! It is too late to be saved, after death

Not all rated R movies are rated that way for the same reason.... there can be different content. You have to discern it. There is rated R and violent stuff in the Bible, but the Bible doesn't shy away from telling you what actually happened, despite sometimes the graphic nature of those things.

Cards against Humanity - not a fan of it, at all. I don't celebrate Christmas at all anymore as it isn't Biblical (see Jeremiah 10:1-5), but when I did compromise and spend time with my nominal Christian and non Christian family members, I wished I hadn't because they played this game during that time. It was not about Jesus at all, and they could care less. Jesus about righteousness, not foolishness and evil. We become different, set apart for God, when we belong to Him. We are either care about Him, or we don't. We either follow Him or we depart from Him. Too many people think there is some kind of middle ground with God, but there is no fence sitting with Him, as He says He spews out the lukewarm from His mouth. The things we once did that weren't good, we should stay away from... we should get into a habit and a practice of obedience... as God says to be holy as He is holy - and that is the goal, our spiritual growth. Nothing in this world is more than Him. If we think so, we have no understanding of the magnitude of how great He is.

you would be right to worry about his eternal salvation but it is not your prerogative as a Christian to judge him. there's nothing in The Bible that says you can't watch R rated movies or play gory Card Games. The fact that this is done only begs the question: how can you better spend your time?

What worries me about your friend is that he laughs off the horrid prospect of Eternal Damnation. What believer would even contemplate such a thing as laughter about eternal separation from God?