jack
jack asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 year ago

Why was lots of water seeping out of the gas station fried chicken I ate from last year?

I’m eating zaxbys chicken tenders right now and I’m amazed at how crispy and tender the chicken is but I’m even more amazed that despite it being cooked so crispy it’s still moist inside and that reminded last year of when I ate some huge chicken from a gas station/convenience store last year that had too much juice seeping out of it like I was eating a orange . Chicken was so gargantuan the leg was the size of a breast, and the breast was the size of a thigh. It might’ve been from a shell or bp convenience store

1 year ago

lets keep in mind it came from a gas station, and i would imagine they do not put much of their money toward the food quality. **** probably wasnt even real chicken.

• ?
    1 year ago

Maybe the chicken had previously been frozen?.

1 year ago

It must've been wet brined.

• 1 year ago

Many producers pump water into their chickens (after death, of course) to make them heavier than they naturally are. That means that the producers can charge more for the chickens, because the chickens are sold and priced by weight. Sneaky, huh?

• 1 year ago

The "water" that was seeping out could have been juice from the chicken and or grease that was trapped between the skin and the crispy coating. Or a combination of the two