I am a person with disability I don't want befits can I sill legally work earning keep money legally?

In Ohio

Favorite Answer

I don't see any problem other than if you are getting disability payments from somewhere, they might have some rules about it.

As far as "don't want benefits", if you are working, you will get employee benefits like the other employees do.

• Judith

If you are working but are not earning $1220 a month there is no reason why you shouldn't file for disability benefits. If you are earning $1220 a month or more then your disability isn't severe enough to collect social security or ssi disability in the first place since you must be incapable of earning $1220 a month or more for at least one full year.

Anyone who receives social security or SSI disability benefits must tell social security when they work and if working ends. They then evaluate your work activity. Benefits eventually end if earnings are $1220 a month or more.

Source(s): I was a SS claims rep for 32 yrs.

Of course you can. If you were collecting benefits but were able to work, that would be fraud anyway.

Yes you CAN and should work if you are able to, but you should file for disability NOW and not wait. You do NOT want to end up like me. I fall through all the cracks.

I have been an insulin type 1 diabetic since I was 2 years old in 1955. I have not worked long enough to put enough money into the social security to get Medicare. My father did good estate planning. If I had filed for disability while my father was still alive, I probably would have qualified for disability. Now my income level is too high to qualify for disability and way too high for Medicaid, I do not have health insurance. I am not section 8, food stamps or on welfare. I am overeducated and severely underemployed all my college degrees are now outdated.

Swallow your pride and file for disability now, but you definitely can a d should WORK if you want to and are able to.

• *****

If you are able to work, and not under some sort of legal guardianship or conservatorship, yes, of course. Disability benefits are for those who are unable to work due to their disability.

It's money just paper but sometimes it's very important to have it