Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationToys · 5 months ago

Should toys be gendered?

Pink beauty sets, make up, barbies with DD cup breasts, kitchen sets for little girls. And blue toy cars, tools, lego, etc for boys?

Makes sense?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

Um no. Kids can have any toy they want. They should not be gender based, that sets ideas in young children's minds that shouldn't be there. They were grow up believing the old, "pink for girls, blue for boys" stuff.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Prissy
    Lv 4
    4 months ago

Of course they should not be gender based.

When i was little, i used to hate dolls until the age of 8,only later i started liking them....Now i am 26 and i collect them.

I have 99 Barbies and 20 Disney princess dolls.

So,likes can always change growing up...😂😂😂.

Anyway, going back to your question: a child should be put to choose a toy that He likes, regardless of the gender.

• 4 months ago

Of course toys shouldn't be gender based

• 4 months ago

they already are hot wheels for boys and barbies and dolls for girls while for boys its also action figures but thats some toys but some are for both genders to play with

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

Yes and no. It's fine for toys to have traditionally masculine or femenine traits but you as a parent shouldn't restrict what kind your child likes. If you have a boy who likes Barbie's cool. If you have a girl who likes monster trucks cool. The reverse is also fine. Let kids be kids and play with whatever toys they want

• 5 months ago

no they should not at all

• 5 months ago

Yes. It makes the stuff easier to find. And barbies come in all shapes and sizes now. Not just the DD cup **** ones as you call them which are actually just how they make them to indicate she's (the barbie doll) supposed to be an adult woman

• 5 months ago

Some girls might be into

• y
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Toys can be and should be whatever the manufacture puts out there. It is up to the parents to buy them or not, regardless of what their kid screams for. It is the parents responsibility to provide a wide range of stimuli to thier children and allow them to take their own path.

• 5 months ago

No! There is a reason Adult industry exists, it's "Adult"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.