Can you block someone on Facebook messenger without unfriending them?
The results on Google seem outdated and don't really answer my question. I want to block someone from sending me messages, but I don't want to unfriend them. You know, like a family member sending spammy chain messages multiple times a day, but they would be offended if you unfriended them.
I assume it's similar to the 'unfollow' option. I thought you could do this in messenger once but either I forgot how to do it or was mistaken? Anyway, sorry that this is long-winded. Wanted to be as detailed as possible since again, Google results didn't help.
- 3 months agoFavorite Answer
Yes you can! This is called blocking messages.
1. Open the Facebook Messenger mobile app
2. Click the conversation with the friend you'd like to block messages from
3. In the upper right corner there will be a lowercase "i" in a circle
4. Click the "i" and scroll down, there will be an option that says "block"
5. Click "block" and you will have the option to block on only messenger
6. Choose "Block on Messenger"
You will still be friends on Facebook, but messages will be blocked.
- DanielLv 73 months ago
Yes you can Turn off there Messages without Unfriending them
Click on the Circle then Click Ignore Messages