Has anyone else noticed the blonde favoritism in the Dexter TV series?

As I'm watching through all of the seasons for the 4th time, I'm wondering to myself about this...

The TV writers really seem to favor blondes. Hannah...Lumen...Rita, all were blonde and they were depicted as the desirable women who made Dexter whole, while brunettes like Deb, Lila, and even Christine were seen as either being crazy, unhealthy for Dexter or less important in his life (such as with Deb).

Even the Russian dancer who Joey fell for was blonde and the woman who he brought to Deb's house after they broke up was blonde. All of the barrel girls were blonde, and the short-haired assistant to Masuka was blonde.

I'm just curious as to why...it seems extremely biased on the writer's part.

zrasdgsdgsdgsdgsdgsdgsdgsdgsdgsdgrgserhy5w5y4 5 

Dexter believes in the superiority of he Aryan Race.

that is called 'girl-watching", i think.

blondes, and brunettes with black and brown hair are favored, "red-heads" are completely excluded?

• KatieC

I don’t think it’s so much “favouritism” as just the fact that blondes are historically seen as more innocent and wholesome. Up until around the 1950-60s at least. Brunettes were strong, smart, and capable. I might not have picked the exact right words, but I hope that makes sense.

Blame the casting agents on the series and the producers who selected those actresses.

It's probably not the writers, but the casting directors. They may have made a conscious choice that Dexter prefers blond women. On the other hand, it may just be their own preference for blondes over brunettes

Writers don't cast the actors. It would be the director, executive producer, or casting agents doing this.

• Speed

The writers don't specify the appearance of characters except as it applies to the plot. Any blame--and what's wrong with blondes?--falls on the casting director.

• Charlotte3 months agoReport

Nothing is wrong with them. It would just be nice to see a brunette as a leading/positive role for once, since men always seem to favor blondes as it is.

Never noticed..........