Has anyone else noticed the blonde favoritism in the Dexter TV series?

As I'm watching through all of the seasons for the 4th time, I'm wondering to myself about this... The TV writers really seem to favor blondes. Hannah...Lumen...Rita, all were blonde and they were depicted as the desirable women who made Dexter whole, while brunettes like Deb, Lila, and even Christine were... show more As I'm watching through all of the seasons for the 4th time, I'm wondering to myself about this...

The TV writers really seem to favor blondes. Hannah...Lumen...Rita, all were blonde and they were depicted as the desirable women who made Dexter whole, while brunettes like Deb, Lila, and even Christine were seen as either being crazy, unhealthy for Dexter or less important in his life (such as with Deb).

Even the Russian dancer who Joey fell for was blonde and the woman who he brought to Deb's house after they broke up was blonde. All of the barrel girls were blonde, and the short-haired assistant to Masuka was blonde.

I'm just curious as to why...it seems extremely biased on the writer's part.