Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesHonolulu · 5 months ago

Why is Hawaii so racist towards people from the Mainland?

People in Hawaii don't like folks from the mainland.

Why?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Some native Hawaiians don't like haoles (not native Hawaiians), doesn't matter if you come from the mainland US or somewhere else.

I went to college with a bunch of native Hawaiians (in Arizona), they all stuck together and didn't like da haoles even off their own turf.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 5 months ago

Is just a small but loud group, most of them are low income food stamps individuals with little education or culture and usually high on weed or meth. Is just part of the ignorance in them.

• ...Show all comments
    • Redstone
      Lv 6
      4 months agoReport

@aloha.girl59: As someone who spent a number of years becoming a homeowner then being called a "haole".. there is some annoyance in this. The vast majority of Hawaiians voted to become a state of the U.S. Again, racism has no place here.

• 5 months ago

You have selected a best answer but I will answer anyways.. You cannot turn back the clock of time.

Some of these folks think that they can be a kingdom again. Again, you cannot turn back the clock of time.

The demographics is mostly Asian, where white people is the 2nd most populated. Native Hawaiians is around 10%... quite the minority.. (I'd like to give the natives their just due, but please DON'T PUSH IT.)

http://worldpopulationreview.com/states/hawaii-pop...

Being part of the U.S., they should know better. Racism has no place here.

Source(s): White guy who moved to Hawaii about 1.5 years ago.
    • Redstone
      Lv 6
      3 months agoReport

Rebuttal please when thumbs down...

• 5 months ago

theyre colonizers. hawaii should be sovereign

• Redstone
      Lv 6
      4 months agoReport

In the unimaginable event that Hawaii becomes sovereign, your new leaders will sell you out to the Chinese in a heartbeat.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Being from the mainland isn't a race

• 5 months ago

How many times have you been to Hawaii - any?? I've been there twice, and have never noticed this. Having said that, tourists aren't always appreciated.

• aloha.girl59
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

So you've been a tourist in Hawai'i for a total of 2-3 weeks in your lifetime. You think that qualifies you to judge what Hawaiians think and feel? They're PAID to smile at you and call you by name. That's the tourism industry, genius.

• abdul
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Why would they? It was the people from the mainland who ruined their little world in the first place. Now the cost of living is so high on their homelands that the natives can barely afford to stay there. There are more Native Hawaiians living off the islands these days than living on their homelands.

• ...Show all comments
    • Mark
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

Indeed. Even those horrible "plantation houses" that are only one board thick (no sheetrock) and are built on stilts in Wahiawa cost $400,000.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

i dont think theyre all like that

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I didn’t know that they were such advanced personality analysts

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Because Hawaii is full of Japanese and they pretty much own and run Hawaii

Japs / Japs-Americans are assholes.

Hawaii is the worst places for whites. Yes, they don't like white people down there

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.