Anonymous

Do film students take any STEM classes (science, history english, math) in college?

I've been looking at colleges and in the curriculum, it's not showing any of that, so I'm just wondering.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

You may be looking at the wrong part of a school's website. Under film studies, it may only list the courses offered by the film department. But it should also list the general education (GE) requirements for the university degree. For instance, USC has a large offering of film-related courses. But students are also required to take eight GE courses to graduate from the program. Here is the list of what is required: https://classes.usc.edu/term-20193/general-educati...

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

some of them might, i would ask your school about it

• MS
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

If you go to a regular college, then you will have some general education requirements that everyone must complete. If you go to a school specific only to film studies, then that may not be the case.

BTW, STEM = science, technology, engineering, and mathematics; English and History are not part of that.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Most schools require all students to take certain classes as undergrads, including basic math and science courses (as well as history, english and related courses). But the exact requirements depend upon the school.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

Do you even know what STEM is

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

History and English aren't STEM classes (STEM means Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math).

Pretty much any college requires a couple basic math classes as part of its general education requirements along with one or two English/Writing/Communications/Speech classes, and maybe history.

You need to look at general education requirements--that's where you will find subjects that aren't directly related to a major.

• Jahal
    Lv 5
    1 year ago

If you go to a real college you will. If you go to a proprietary school, especially an unaccredited one, there may be only courses offered in the trade you're learning.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.