A ball is thrown eastward into the air from the origin (in the direction of the positive x-axis). The initial velocity is 40 i + 64 k,?

with speed measured in feet per second. The spin of the ball results in a southward acceleration of 8 ft/s2, so the acceleration vector is a = −8 j − 32 k. Where does the ball land? (Round your answers to one decimal place.) . ft from the origin at an angle of ° from the eastern direction toward the south. With... show more with speed measured in feet per second. The spin of the ball results in a southward acceleration of 8 ft/s2, so the acceleration vector is a = −8 j − 32 k. Where does the ball land? (Round your answers to one decimal place.)
. ft from the origin at an angle of ° from the eastern direction toward the south.

With what speed does the ball hit the ground? (Round your answer to one decimal place.)

I have:
a(t)=<0,18,-32>
v(t)=<40,-8t,64-32t>
r(t)=<40t,-8t^2,64t-32t^s>
when the z component is zero t=0 and t=2

I plugged in t=2 into my position function and tried to do inverse tan to get the first two parts, but my answers are wrong. Can you help me see where I went wrong?
1 answer 1