Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 3 months ago

What are your thoughts on physician assisted suicide and euthanasia? What’s the difference?

Favorite Answer

Euthanasia is when a doctor injects the drug through an IV and physician assisted suicide is when you drink it and administer it yourself.

I personally think (with regulations of course), it should be legal to EVERYONE (not just those with a terminal illness). I’m also in favor of euthanasia because, if someone isn’t able to give themselves the medication orally, then they can’t die. But with euthanasia, they can have a peaceful death no matter what.

Terminally ill? It should absolutely be available to you.

Paralyzed for life or a human vegetable? Dementia? Yes. In fact, I think people should be able to, in advance, choose whether or not they want euthanasia in a situation like this.

Chronic illness or disease? Yes. Sometimes they can’t be managed and greatly affect the quality of someone’s life.

Mental illnesses or disorders? Yes. They cause suffering, and we’re in toddlerhood when it comes to treating them.

There should be regulations, but it should be available to everyone.

I am against both.,. as a Christian I believe that it is up to God to decide when a human dies. Suicide is as forbidden by the Christian religion as is murder.

• Kathy

I think they are both wrong. There isn't that much difference.

• Robert

I think if you are in pain and choose not to continue you should be allowed to make that choice and a doctor who is willing to help should be allowed (not forced) to do so. I think euthanasia is forced upon people without their consent and should not be allowed. And I think youthinasia is young people in a foreign continent.

both should be illegal. one of the major issues is that, such things attract psychopaths

it's TOO EASY to cover-up a murder by calling it euthanasia .............................