FedEx lost my overnight package and it ended up in Memphis? Why?

The package was supposed to arrive at 1030 am but never did. I opened up a case and they said they doing a trace search. I even went to the place I shipped it from and they said they are searching the facility to look for it and will call me back with any updates. I knew something was up because I work third shift... show more The package was supposed to arrive at 1030 am but never did. I opened up a case and they said they doing a trace search. I even went to the place I shipped it from and they said they are searching the facility to look for it and will call me back with any updates. I knew something was up because I work third shift and was tracking the tracking during the night and I didn’t see and new scans. There are only two scans. One for the label being created, and one saying picked up meaning they accepted the package from me. (They creates the label there btw.) Thus package was time sensitive. Then when I look it says the package is in Memphis. I live in pa and was shipping it out two hours away to Maryland.