I have a 2016 Mini Cooper Countryman. What does the sport button do? Can someone explain it to me in full detail? Should I use it?

I haven’t driven any cars in sport mode before so I want to know what to expect.

• JetDoc

READ the owner's manual!

It alters the shift points of the transmission to shift at a higher RPM. Better acceleration, less gas mileage. Just ******* try it for Christ's sake, it can't kill you.

• F

I have one. It's hard to detect much difference tbh.

A logical and intelligent person would read the OWNER'S MANUAL. If you don't have one for some reason then download it here - https://www.miniusa.com/content/dam/mini/PDF/archi...

It changes the transmission shift points so the motor rpms go higher before shifting. It changes the timing advance of the motor. It also helps keep the motor from carboning up the cylinders.

You'll lose a little gas mileage but I consider it worth it.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech

I gather it provide sharper throttle response, increased power, tighter steering and firmer suspension. If paired with an automatic transmission, it will even adjust your shift points for quicker gear changes.

Go on. Press it and see what happens!