How can I improve this brief synopsis for my novel?

I've never been particularly good at writing synopses, and I've been struggling a lot with my description for my Wattpad. I feel like I'm trying to cram too much into a few sentences, but I don't want to leave out important details that might help a potential reader make a decision to read my work.... show more I've never been particularly good at writing synopses, and I've been struggling a lot with my description for my Wattpad. I feel like I'm trying to cram too much into a few sentences, but I don't want to leave out important details that might help a potential reader make a decision to read my work. Thank you for any feedback or advice!

"Leaf is an elvish barterman with a passion for frugality and simplicity, and a deep disdain for people. When his only trusted friend Rothus, an Elder of the Ailillian Temple, sends him across the empire for a job, he reluctantly accepts with the promise of a large payout. What Rothus fails to mention, is that the job requires Leaf to transport a young halfbreed girl, rumored to be the reincarnation of an ancient evil, with a massive and uncontrolled magic ability back to Ailill - with the imperial military's Office of Occult Inquiry in close pursuit."