Why do survivalist in Survival programs always give so little attention to their shelter?

I have been watching several episodes of Naked and Afraid and also the survival show "Alone". The thing I noticed mostly was that most of these people spent way too little time to create a proper shelter. In Naked and Afraid they walk around first for like 5 or 6 hours and then, when evening comes they... show more I have been watching several episodes of Naked and Afraid and also the survival show "Alone". The thing I noticed mostly was that most of these people spent way too little time to create a proper shelter. In Naked and Afraid they walk around first for like 5 or 6 hours and then, when evening comes they always have to 'quickly' build a shelter. In Alone, which recently took place in the Arctic, the contestants knew it would get very cold. Still, some of them just stayed in a simple a-frame covered with a tarp. What is wrong with these people? Yes, food and water are important, but if you are too tired because you can't sleep because you don't have a proper shelter it will not help you survive properly. If I would ever be in such a program I rather use the energy in the beginning I still have to construct a decent shelter, and in the case of Alone I would already take into account it would be cold later on and insolate the shelter to the absurd. In the Jungle on the other hand, I would never sleep on the ground. Especially in the jungle there is enough material to build something, but for reason those people never pay much attention to their shelter. Actually it annoys me.....