Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Local BusinessesUnited StatesHouston · 2 months ago

Ex Job is talking bad about me but was a good employee.?

A big well known company I worked for, for about 4 months talked bad about me, I quit with no two weeks notice since school was around the corner they where we aware I was leaving soon and when I applied for a job that works with school that same day they talked bad about me but also sent me an email saying they wanted me back but full time to work for them, if I was such a bad employee why ask for me back ? Right ? Should i not mention i worked there anymore to future jobs ? Since they might say that I was lazy or un productive ? Even though it was the opposite.?

Best Answer

You are at entry level and young. Don't bother mentioning the company. Go find something you'd like to do and maybe be good at and can handle the hours. Good luck.

Get another job

no matter who you are ,it's unscrupulous to spread rumor about others ,and say the bad things about others, it also go against the principle of company regulation ,,at work ,even if you do the job very well ,some whistle blower will tell on you ,and say how lazy or idle you are at work ,some people do this out of jealousy

they can't do that so your imagining things

No... in most all states they cannot "talk bad"

What they are allowed to do is simply report the facts.

You quit without notice ("At Will"). And report your time on the payroll "from - to". Further during background checks the only question a potential employer will ask is "Would you hire this person, again?"

Otherwise, the former employer leaves themselves open for a Slander law suit.

Summary:

1. Reason for leaving.

2. Confirmation of work history dates.

3. Rehire.

Going beyond that (other than a government job) may allow you to contact a Labour lawyer for potential recovery of damages.

As a potential employer, from what you described I would think twice about hiring you just on those facts.

• A Hunch

A former employer can "talk bad" about a former if they believe it's truthful. Most won't b/c they don't want to get involved with a potential lawsuit - he said / she said.

Brian, I highly doubt a big well known company would do that due to being sued.

Who is the "they" that talked bad about you? How do you know they talked bad about you? What did they say?

Who is the "they" that send you the email?

• A Hunch

More possible, did they know your sister worked there before this? Many companies don't like hiring family members. Maybe they found out you were related and wanted to cancel it.

Could he sue for defamation ?