Christians, what are your thoughts on genetic engineering of humans?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It's all bad. It took our Intelligent Designer many eras of time to perfect the current era of lifeforms that inhabit planet earth including us modern humans. Human scientists are still in their infancy in experimenting with making genetic changes to these already perfected lifeforms that co-exist on earth. All our scientists will achieve is making inferior lifeforms from these perfected lifeforms and create lifeforms that we will regret ever making and change the course of evolution on earth for the worse not better. We must stop these experiments before it's too late to reverse the mistakes we will make to the inferior lifeforms we create and turn planet earth into The Island of Doctor Moreau. What a great future that will be for our great, great grandchildren.

Source(s): The God Yahweh our Intelligent Designer and the missing link in the chain of evolution and is the single common ancestor of all life on earth.
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 5 months ago

I see nothing wrong with curing genetic diseases with gene therapy. Transhumanism? I think it might be a mistake.

• 5 months ago

Psa 82:6-7 I said, “You are Elohim, sons of the Most High, all of you; nevertheless, like men you shall die, and fall like any prince.”

Those that are genetically engineered or have their DNA modified are no longer Elohim and cannot be redeemed. This is exactly what happened during the time of Noah. All those that died became disembodied spirits - demons.

• Bill
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

God has so many natural laws and our scientists and doctors are always interperiting them as is Gods wish

Genetic engineering is a method of unravelling the law of genetics

The problem is the dollar God who wants to make money and the vain and greedy who want it for their own purposes

genetic engineering is being done primarly to rid humanity of disease , deformaties and genes that are being passed on that promote cancer

Chistanity is not the issue for logically thinking people

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

genetic engineering is pretty cool I guess

• Jake
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Not good. A person can battle attacks against human life and its dignity by reciting the rosary each day with care.

• Imperatus5 months agoReport

Stop pretending your opinions actually matter.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Generally, it’s not a good thing to do. Selective breeding is a form of genetic engineering, and that’s what Americans did to African slaves.

Also, in terms of genetically engineering away some diseases or syndromes, consider what some people with genetic disorders have accomplished. This may sound cruel, but Nicolo Paganini had Marfan Syndrome. This syndrome actually made him able to play the violin better than the average person, though it did shorten his lifespan. He was a major contributor to music theory and the art of violin. Without his genetic disorder, he may not have accomplished what he did.

• John
      Lv 4
      5 months agoReport

Most people with serious conditions don't accomplish much. They just live sad, miserable lives.

• Den B7
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Sure beats implants!

• A C
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I don't like it but I'm sure God took it into account when He was creating souls.

Source(s): The Bible
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Scary, but kinda cool in a way. That we could live with out pain, and be half robot. But on the other hand we could possibly never die.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.