What do i do if my 6 year old refuses to get her hair brushed?

My child does have a sensory disorder. I have tried like 5 different brushes, like the soft one, and she screams bloody murder! She keeps getting up and wont stop moving. I tried letting her play with the phone or watch tv..nope nothing works...i feel terrible, but the only way for her hair to get brushed is to force her and hold her down...what do i do? She wont let me in the bathtub...

I wonder if she would like pixie haircut. Anyone who hate to get hair brush should have short hair.

• Carmen

Have you tried looking up what helps with sensory issues when brushing or combing hair? Or asked doctors? It takes a lot of patience I'm sure keep praying for that and a calm heart don't give up hope it's answer out there keep asking knocking seeking . Do any hair softeners help? Ask people as beauty supply place or hair dressers.

Time for a haircut

Ask her why she doesn't like having her hair brushed. This could be any reason such as maybe the brushes that you've tried hurt her head or maybe it hurts getting tangles out of her her. If It's a case where it hurts to get tangles out of her hair, try using detangler to get the knots out. If it's a case where you're doing it for her then in that case you should start letting her do it herself so that she'll learn independence.

My child does the same thing because she has a tender head I've learned in hair school you start brushing from the bottom of the hair and work to the top that way your not fighting knots in the hair and do it gently if that doesn't work and gain your child's trust then I would ask a doctor or use a detangler

cut her hair my nibba

• audrey

Cut her hair very very short.

Speak to your child's doctors or therapist about this. Join a few autism groups on Facebook & ask for suggestions. I have a friend who has a daughter with autism and I've seen her struggle with this same issue. I know it's rough for both of you.

I feel sorry for your little girl, you should never force her and hold her down like this..

I recommend that you do one of three things. Tell HER - SHE has a choice - Either SHE brushes her own hair, You brush it for her, OR you go to a salon and her hair gets cut very short, like a boys. Again it is totally HER choice.

• Teva

Cut her hair short?

• Teva

Well then involve her. Get yourself one of those heads that hairdressers practice on and make a game out of giving it different hairstyles? Obviously it will involve lots of brushing 🙂 Then she can decide how she wants hers.....brushing involved 😂