How do I get my printer/scanner to scan?

I upgraded my computer to Windows 10. My technician sent me a link to reinstall the printer/scanner which I did. The machine prints just fine, but now it won't scan. The tech told me that probably the Windows 10 doesn't like the scan software, but this doesn't make sense to me. This is a new... show more I upgraded my computer to Windows 10. My technician sent me a link to reinstall the printer/scanner which I did. The machine prints just fine, but now it won't scan. The tech told me that probably the Windows 10 doesn't like the scan software, but this doesn't make sense to me. This is a new printer/scanner,Canon MX532. How can I get this machine to scan again? Thanks in advance!
Update: When I go into devices, in the control panel...of course the printer is listed. Then there's a section where it mentions the properties, etc. Also, it has the Canon scan listed, but I'm nervous of 'adding' that in case this isn't part of the same machine.
Update 2: This is a Canon MX532 printer/scanner/fax