How do I get my printer/scanner to scan?

I upgraded my computer to Windows 10. My technician sent me a link to reinstall the printer/scanner which I did. The machine prints just fine, but now it won't scan. The tech told me that probably the Windows 10 doesn't like the scan software, but this doesn't make sense to me. This is a new printer/scanner,Canon MX532. How can I get this machine to scan again? Thanks in advance!

When I go into devices, in the control panel...of course the printer is listed. Then there's a section where it mentions the properties, etc. Also, it has the Canon scan listed, but I'm nervous of 'adding' that in case this isn't part of the same machine.

This is a Canon MX532 printer/scanner/fax

Favorite Answer

Download the software for the Canon MX 532

Turn printer on

Disconnect the usb cable, and wait for the prompt, during the download to connect the usb cable

• wings

I contacted Canon & explained the situation. The tech support guy there asked for permission to get into my computer,which I granted.The permission box came from Canon of course. All the time, he was explaining what he was doing.The software was downloaded & the scanner now works perfectly!

Windows came up with "Orphaned Devices"; wherein it no longer supplies all the drivers you need. Also.the other answers, suggest a work around!

You have to open a graphics program that will look for a TWAIN device to scan with. Choose the Canon unit. Then proceed, save to a file or print.

you need to take the CPU out of your computer

Oddly enough when I switched to Win 10 I could no longer scan either.

Did you do the windows 10 latest updates? Are the drives updated?

Here's the Canon Pixma MX532 site, the driver update/install is on the link.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/...

• wings

Thanks, but my techician sent me the link to install the printer.The printer works just fine, but I can't scan.