I've never owned a pair of high quality running shoes do they make a big difference?

My canvas trainers aren't very comfortable.

Visit this website for help https://shopnings.com

Running shoes make all the difference. I run better in a 120$ pair vs a $40-50 pair

Absolutely! They don't get worn out as quickly, support your feet better, let the heat out and have more comfortable cushioning. If you're running lots, high quality shoes are a must. You might wince at the cost, but they'll last longer than a cheap pair and are less likely to cause expensive grief in your knees, ankles and feet.

I'd recommend Brooks, Saucony, Mizuno and Asics.

• .

Yes, they can make a significant difference in helping improve your performance and helping decrease your chances of injury, from wearing either poorly made shoes or shoes that simply aren't the proper style for your body, gait, and type of running.

If you're going to run or participate in any high impact sport or sport that will put a lot of stress on your body, then it's worth it to invest in the proper attire, footwear, and/or accessories. For any high impact sport, the right shoes for you and for the activity you're participating in, can mean the difference in enjoying the sport or sitting on the sidelines with an injury.

Different people have their fave brands of running shoes, but ultimately only you can decide what feels best for you. I suggest going to your local running apparel store and having the pros there evaluate your gait (walking and running) to help determine what type of shoe is best for you (neutral, stability, etc) and from there you can try various brands to see which feels the best on your feet. I've had success with stability shoes from Brooks, Hoka, and just bought a pair of Topo but that doesn't mean any of those brands will be your preference.

They can make a tremendous difference in not just your every day experience, but your long term health, as they will reduce stress and impact on joints.

• Blonde

Yes. Running is 99% arch support. You can get running shoes cheaper by buying last years sneakers that are discounted because they are often sold by ‘style’ not by function.

• y

Define high quality. Shoes specifically designed for running do make a difference when compared to just generalized sneakers. There is a huge quality range of those running shoes and price, goes right along with it. As one gets more into running, then working your way up to find what you prefer would be my recommended route. I ran for a decade, and then had to stop. So it's a balancing act, like so many other things in life.

• John

I only buy Saucony because of their styling and colors.