promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 months ago

I'm doing fine since turning atheist, but I'm having difficulty processing the notion that my existence is ultimately meaningless.?

Is there any branch of atheism that has a creed that includes universal purpose and meaning to human existence? How do I join this group?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago
    Favorite Answer

If there is no God then you may as well go live the most selfish life you can, while you can... then can all you get and sit on your can. Cuz if there is no God then this is all you'll ever get.

Or... you are missing the incredible...

Why? Because you're a *conformist*?

Afraid to be UNPOPULAR?

lol....

What does it profit a man if he gains the whole world yet loses his soul?

Fallen angels originally had bodies of their own. They made love to the daughters of men and had children by them. These half-breeds were known as the Nephilim. They were giants. Heroes. Men of renown. They had people sacrificing themselves and their children to them at places like Stonehenge. They were pure evil... a good part of the reason why God flooded the world.

Eight people survived the flood 4500 years ago.

One hundred years later, their offspring directly disobeyed orders to disperse and instead came together to build the Tower of Babel.

"Nothing will be impossible for them." God said...

So to slow technology (so we wouldn't kill ourselves off) He mixed up their languages and scattered them - also dividing the land. Gen. 10:25 and 11:8-9

I mean - can you imagine? Electricity has always existed... we just recently learned how to harness it. What would have happened if the ancient Egyptians had that power?

The people were scattered throughout the world - and we are all descendants of them.

They took the stories of God, creation, the pre-flood people and world, and the stories of the flood with them.

The Chinese word for 'boat' contains the number 8 for the 8 people that were on the ark. There are stories about these events found in every ancient culture around the world (230 at last count).

The pyramids found all over the world are replicas of the tower of Babel.

Go to Google earth and search 'Tower of Babel'... the site is still there. Then Google 'Noah's Ark TURKEY'... a tourist attraction since the 70's.

Then Google 'POLYSTRATE fossils'....

Trees that were buried upright during the flood.

Minerals entered the tissues of plants and animals after burial in mud; under the forces of extreme pressure - everything fossilized and became stone.

The only reason why fossils even exist is because of the worldwide flood.

God HATES religion, btw.

Jesus came to shut down the religious system (that God set up) and give us a one-time-only way to get right with our Maker. The cross is a spiritual black hole for the worlds sins. Jesus is the real-life PORTAL into the kingdom of God... which starts here and now... THIS SIDE of death.

Don't delay. Time is running out. Go to Jesus and you will live.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

By way of having true devotion to the Virgin Mary, a person can know with certainty God exists.

• 9 months ago

The atheist existence is meaningless in light of Isaiah 43:7, 1 Chron. 16:29, John 4:24, Eccl. 12:13.

• 9 months ago

You'd prefer your existence to be for praising some higher being to stroke its ego?

I'm *much* happier being free to make my own meaning for existing.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 months ago

No, there's not. Without God, there is no purpose, no morals, no love, no truly felt emotion...it's all just chemicals and randomness. But you know that those things do actually exist, so why did you become an atheist?

• ...Show all comments
    • Jennifer
      Lv 6
      9 months agoReport

You? Me? NO. There is an objective definition that isn't a random human's opinion. If there is no standard beyond humanity, then Hitler's version is as right as yours.

• 9 months ago

Existence isn't meaningless, it's just that the meaning of our lives is not defined by some fairy tale or some imaginary judge. Instead, it is about what we choose for ourselves, of course, and also what meaning others in our culture, community or family give our lives.

• Ted K
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Maybe instead of wasting your time obsessing over life's ultimate "meaninglessness," you should go out and create meaning and purpose for yourself. There's this thing called personal responsibility, in which you make a choice to take control of your own life's direction, instead of sitting there waiting for meaning and purpose to be handed to you on some platter--biblical or otherwise--from either on high, or from what others tell you to do. The latter is the morally and spiritually lazy person's way, while the former is what grounded, purpose-driven, independently thinking individuals do. Of course, that approach takes more effort...But which of those two types are you? Do you aspire to anything, or do you just float through life like a leaf in a stream, going whichever way that stream dictates?

It's your choice. You can get busy living or just keep posting whiny, trolling "questions" on yahoo answers, pretending to be an atheist--of course, if the latter is your idea of living, then by all means, carry on. Ultimately, unless your choices have a direct, concrete effect on others' lives, nobody really cares how you choose to live yours.

• Wundt
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

I am not personally involved in any such organizations, but I know there are groups like Atheism Plus and local Secular Humanism groups and atheist associations. Some of these even go so far as to have church like meetings, where people listen to lectures and discuss issues, etc.

A quick google search for such organizations might find something local. There is also the chance you could start one if there is a need with tools like MeetUp and Facebook. Where I live there is a well organized Atheist Community group and regular atheist oriented events and meet ups.

If nothing else, there are also places like the Unitarian church which take a more deistic approach to their world view. It might be worth exploring of you feel the need for the church experience without the pressure to believe.

• It is meaniingless, you are just avoiding things, which explains why you are atheist VOILA !!!

• Well you don't grasp atheism at all , do you ??

PEW RESEARCH CENTER survey of ATHEISM

8% of those who call themselves atheists also say they believe in God or a universal spirit. Indeed, 2% say they are “absolutely certain” about the existence of God or a universal spirit.

• ...Show all comments
    • Wundt
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

Please cite that study, because saying "I am an atheist who is 'absolutely certain' God exists" makes as much sense as announcing you are a vegetarian while eating a rare steak.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.