jarelu asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 year ago

How long should l wait before dying my hair again?

So my natural hair color is brown, it was overall really healthy and soft. l decided that it was time for a change, so l went to this woman who bleached my hair blonde, and she completely ruined my hair. I knew already that it wasn’t going to be healthy after, but she did a really bad job at applying it and now it looks horrible. I want to dye it back to brown and then cutting a few inches off, but l don’t want my hair to fall out. So how long should l wait before dying it back to brown??

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Your hair isn't going to fall out unless you've burnt it at the roots. The keys here are:

1. The cuticle of your hair is now really rough and open due to the bleach. Any hair color is probably going to come out pretty dark.

2. There will always be a line between the dyed hair and new growth -- even if you do your best to match your natural color.

3. On-going deep conditioning may help, but once damaged, hair really can't be "repaired" because the hair is actually dead. That means that you're going to have to live with some aspect of the damage until you cut off the last of the bleached hair. Hair grows about 1/2 inch per month, so you do the math as to how long it will take.

1 year ago

I have to see what you are talking about.

• 1 year ago

You’d be wise to tolerate the horrible look of regrowth by conditioning consistently, and waiting for it to settle down before doing more damage.

• Wait at least 3 days to a week before dying it and apply a few deep conditioning treatments to your hair before you dye it. Your hair shouldn't fall out, if you read and follow the instructions properly. I've bleached my hair then dyed it a few days later before, that never happened.

1 year ago

until it is healthy................