Is this a fair or strict punishment in dojo?

I had to stand against a wall for a 10 minute timeout. Then the master told me to do 300 palm pushups. I said i cant do it and master said i can handle this and screamed at me to keep going to 300 and if i get off my palms or toes i have to start all over again. After that master made me stand on one foot and count... show more I had to stand against a wall for a 10 minute timeout. Then the master told me to do 300 palm pushups. I said i cant do it and master said i can handle this and screamed at me to keep going to 300 and if i get off my palms or toes i have to start all over again. After that master made me stand on one foot and count to 500.

I was so tired after this. I had to do this before i can go back to the class lectures with everyone. Is this fair or too strict? I am 25 years old.