sarah asked in TravelFrancePays-de-la-Loire · 2 months ago

So I really want to take a gap year abroad and work in France. Any advice on jobs or an opportunities for an English speaker?

5 Answers

  • 1 month ago

    In my point of view, the best advice for you is learning french. Cuz french is really important for the people there. And if you speak french it would be much easier to work with them. And in the case of learning french, you can work in some international places because you know French either English

  • Orla C
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    Learn French and be prepared for Brexit fallout.

  • 2 months ago

    I think you need to talk French language. It could be interesting for you to work in the travel industry, or touristic places as a waiter, bartender, in the hostels, etc..

    You're welcome to France!

  • 2 months ago

    You first have to figure out how to do this legally. There used to be a visa program for students who had been in school the previous semester, where they could go to another country for up to 6 months. You have to find your own job and housing once you get there. I don't know if that program still exists- do some googling. Otherwise, you can only go for 90 days on a tourist visa, and you cannot work legally on a tourist visa, although you may be able to pick up some work tutoring in English and getting paid under the table. You can also google to see if there are au pair jobs. That's when a family hires someone to take care of their children and speak whatever language the family wants the children to learn to them. The British have a lot of au pairs from other countries, so the French may want English speakers.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

    Do you also speak French?

    If not, some suggested jobs are nanny (for English speaking family) or bartender (which I thought strange but they say you only need to learn the names of a few drinks)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.