Would it be a bad idea to tell one or two of my closest friends that I am bi curious?

I don t know wether or not it would be a good idea to tell one or two of my closest friends that I m bi curious because one of them is bi-sexual and one of them is pan-sexual so thought maybe they could help me, but I ve seen answers on similar questions saying you shouldn t tell anyone until you re sure... Please help.

• Sky
    Favorite Answer

People say don't tell anyone until you're sure? Being bi-curious means you are unsure and want to explore it to see if being with someone whose sex doesn't align with the object of your sexual orientation feels right to you, or if you decide that it isn't right for you. (By that I mean, being heterosexual and exploring sexual activity with someone of the same sex, or being homosexual and exploring sexual activity with someone of the opposite sex.) Anyway, if you're close with these friends and trust them with something this personal, go ahead and tell one or both about it. With one being bisexual and one being pansexual they could give you some advice and insight from their perspective, and as you're hoping, possibly help you explore bisexuality with someone you're comfortable with. Just because you tell them and talk about it doesn't mean you're going to jump right into the sack with them. Talk about it and be absolutely sure you're ready to do what you plan to do, well before you actually go through with it. And as always, educate yourself about the desired sexual activity and be safe about it when you do.

the kissing test - if you/they won't kiss then you are only having sex - which can be pretty freaking great but can't begin to compare to making love

It depends on how well you know those friends. At this point you are just 'curious', so you might want to get a little further along before you start defining yourself and telling other people about it.

Discussing your thoguhts and feelings with others can help figure yourself out tbph.

Most people are curious about something. I don't see a problem. This isn't the same as declaring that you're gay or lesbian.

Nothing wrong with telling them your bi-curious, least you know they'll be accepting. Wish I had such luck.

• Kassie9 months agoReport

Ok, thank you so much.

Most people have an element of curiosity when in their teens, which is why I don't feel convinced by labels until people really start to get to know their adult selves - usually well into their twenties. Or even later with many men especially. I wouldn't make too big a deal of it either to yourself or your friends. How about, "I sometimes wonder what it would be like to ……"