How do I fix my keyboard? (Please see details)?

The question mark, apostrophe and slash keys do not work when I want to use them.

I tried the keyboard on another computer and they worked.

I tried a new keyboard on the original computer and those same keys do not work.

Please help!

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Probably you need the driver fix.

• Andy T
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

So you narrowed down to computer; not the keyboard, the rest is easy. It sounded like in Canadian French QWERTY, had it been in French AZERTY the alphabets will be all over the place too so a QWERTY variant it must be. Be it Canadian French or Japanese or wherever, though Japanese is so obviously off to other aspects of experience I doubt that.

The fix is so obvious to Windows 10, but for Windows 7 and lesser you may need to dig in Control Panel.

• 2 months ago

Reinstall the drivers.

• 2 months ago

the keyboard driver needs to be repaired or replaced

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

What you need to do is reset your keyboard settings as something may have been changed that is preventing the keys from working. I know the Dvorak keyboard allows customisation of keys so that the user can move the keys around to type as they want it.

Did you know that the original way a keyboard was designed was normal ABCDEF and not QWERTY. The reason for the creation of QWERTY was because people could type so fast on a typewriter that the hammers would jam each other. So in order to allow for faster typing on computers, the Dvorak keyboard was made.

If you're using a normal, US keyboard, make sure that it is selected as the default input method. Do this after resetting the keyboard input method in Windows as it does not appear to be a hardware problem.

• 2 months ago

Go to control panel/keyboard, check settings, & scan for hardware changes.

• 2 months ago

Try it in a different USB port

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

you might need to replace it with another one

• 2 months ago

USB keyboards are pretty cheap. Get a new one.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.