How do I fix my keyboard? (Please see details)?

The question mark, apostrophe and slash keys do not work when I want to use them.

I tried the keyboard on another computer and they worked.

I tried a new keyboard on the original computer and those same keys do not work.

Please help!

Probably you need the driver fix.

• Andy T

So you narrowed down to computer; not the keyboard, the rest is easy. It sounded like in Canadian French QWERTY, had it been in French AZERTY the alphabets will be all over the place too so a QWERTY variant it must be. Be it Canadian French or Japanese or wherever, though Japanese is so obviously off to other aspects of experience I doubt that.

The fix is so obvious to Windows 10, but for Windows 7 and lesser you may need to dig in Control Panel.

Reinstall the drivers.

the keyboard driver needs to be repaired or replaced

What you need to do is reset your keyboard settings as something may have been changed that is preventing the keys from working. I know the Dvorak keyboard allows customisation of keys so that the user can move the keys around to type as they want it.

Did you know that the original way a keyboard was designed was normal ABCDEF and not QWERTY. The reason for the creation of QWERTY was because people could type so fast on a typewriter that the hammers would jam each other. So in order to allow for faster typing on computers, the Dvorak keyboard was made.

If you're using a normal, US keyboard, make sure that it is selected as the default input method. Do this after resetting the keyboard input method in Windows as it does not appear to be a hardware problem.

Go to control panel/keyboard, check settings, & scan for hardware changes.

Try it in a different USB port

you might need to replace it with another one

USB keyboards are pretty cheap. Get a new one.