Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 5 months ago

Hypothetically if Warner Bros sold dc comics to Sony could Batman make an appearance in Spider-Man movie to replace Tony Stark ?

Update:

I would not mind if it happened Warner Bros has failed the DCEU with Robert Pattinson replacing Ben Affleck. If they got Marvel Studios president permission Kevin Feige.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Probably not, as I'm sure there are legal terms and conditions that Sony must adhere to in regards to keeping the Spider-Man film rights.

For example, when Fox still had the rights to the X-Men, they still needed permission from Marvel to change one of the mutant characters in Deadpool.

Sony also has the film rights for the Valiant Comics characters but they are not going to combine the Valiant film Universe with Spider-Man.

• ...Show all comments
    • Rebel With A Cause
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Chinese company DMG Entertainment bought Valiant in 2018. And Sonu is not looking to buy Valiant from them. Plus, they don't seem confident that Bloodshot will do well, considering the lack of any kind of marketing for a film coming out in 5 months.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 5 months ago

No, because Marvel wouldn't allow it.

Sony may hold the licence, but that licence will have terms such as "don't bring the brand ito disripute" or "don't use our character to profit a competitor". Even trying to make a crossover with Marvel's explicit consent would be very good grounds for a legal case which would end Sony's hold on the licence.

• 5 months ago

You think WB should lose DC because Ben Affleck quit? I know this is off-topic, but if you're going to say something that dumb I'm not even going to give you a real answer.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

https://www.quora.com/How-much-would-it-cost-to-ow...

We haven't even seen Matt Reeve's version... how could you judge it? I in no way thought Heath Ledger could pull off the Joker... and he proved many of us wrong. I thought Ledger was a foolish choice (before I saw the movie), and I just couldn't see or visualize him even coming close to Jack Nicholson's Joker.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Not unless Sony somehow buys Marvel as well.

• ...Show all comments
    • Rebel With A Cause
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Only the film rights. Marvel still has the other multi media rights for Spider-Man. Which is why Spider-Man can appear in Ultimate Alliance 3 with the other Marvel heroes.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Lord lestermount will appear behind batman and send him packing

• 5 months ago

batman is the strongest superhero

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.