Do Mexican restaurants not want you to leave?

I have noticed that at almost every mexican restaurant that I go to they take my order quickly, then the food comes out quickly all hot and tasty, but then when it's time for the check you just wait and wait and wait. What's up with that?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Of the three things you want them to do, didn't they pick the right two to do quickly?

When to bring the check is always a sensitive point. Too early, the customer thinks they're being rushed to the door.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 months ago

It's customary in Mexico to ask for the check. They kind of stay with that tradition and want you to stay and ejoy yourself as long as you want.

• 4 months ago

Lol it really do be like that

• 4 months ago

Do not go to these sites. They will steal your credit card information.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

you goin to the mexican restaurant inside hotel california?

• BBG
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

You can check out anytime you like but you can never leave...

• David
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

They are waiting for you to order another Margarita.

• 5 months ago

How many mexican places does this happen at, if it were several yes, perhaps they want you to order more food. I like the computers they have that let you pay without waiting for a server.

• John
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Time to try more Mexican restaurants.

• 5 months ago

Next time you go to a Mexican restaurant, when they take your order, tell the wait staff, that you want your bill at the exact same time your food comes to the table. That you are in a hurry.

• Todd
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Most Mexican theme restaurants I've been too big for their clientele. So, they end up trying to milk the customers they hae to make up for the empty seats. As another person said, part of it is they want you to buy drinks or another food item to make up for the low customer to square area ratio. We have places here that even Robert Levine from Restaurant Impossible wouldn't be able to save.

• 5 months ago

they might be too busy to get your check

• Patrick5 months agoReport

they are not.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.