Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationOther - Outdoor Recreation · 5 months ago

What is the truth about living in a tent in the forest?

I'm trying to teach myself how to live without

eating food/water (and feed off the Holy Spirit),

so I can be free from the "rat-race." I guess

my main concern is: if I were to live in a tent in

the forest, I will be exposed to temperature-extremes.

Do 10-degree sleeping bags really work? ...and

how can I protect myself from 120 degree heat?

Advice Please

8 Answers

Relevance
  • abdul
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Living in a tent in the forest sounds attractive, but it is actually rough. The Holy Spirit is not going to provide food and water for you. You will have to procure those for yourself. You will have to have a way to secure food and water from all the other creatures of the forest who want it too. Everything from ants and flies and yellow jackets all the way up to bears and other forest mammals will want to take your resources for their own. 120 degrees requires a shady location to stay out of the sun, and 10 degrees require a very good, and usually pricey sleeping bag. You will need tools and equipment for making fire, and controlling fire. You will need some way to purify your water to avoid some of the nasty illnesses bad water can give you. You will need to gather a lot of firewood regularly if the temperatures actually dip down below freezing. You will need a first aid kit to prevent infections from the cuts scrapes and burns you will undoubtedly get while living wild. You will not be allowed to remain long in your forest abode unless you own the land, or have an arrangement with a landowner. American public lands require you to move on after 14 days in one campsite. It sounds attractive, but living in a tent is actually dirty and a lot of work.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 months ago

depends on forest, season, knowledge. there are some military veterans that have gone through ranger training living in woods central California into Oregon that have lived over winter a couple times, survived and some have gotten fat living off the land- crossbows for very quiet hunting along with shotgun for dangerous game- rabbits and squirrels for single meal and deer good for a month with preperation, Cammas and wild carrots, some greens and maybe a small garden for some of hermits in Ohio river valley. Fugitive from a mall terror bombing hid out in great smokies for about 3 years. pick forest with lots of edge growth, deer and small game, some flowing water and maybe close enough to town dump, might live awhile like guy in Wisconsin dodging police, had a bunker. spring /summer/fall in middle of country to northern area has had some of homeless with tents surviving fairly well until winter- just have source of water and be able to recognize edible growth, be a decent shot for small game, can live simply for long time until winter- then head south to Texas or Florida. Any are where indian tribes flourished is a potential living rough in tent area.

• Mj
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

You will be meeting your maker soon.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

The truth is it is NOT MUCH FUN.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

You should try to survive in your apartment without food or water first for a few months. If that works out great for you - then begin thinking about a tent.

You want to do the apartment fasting first. This way if it does not work out you are just a few feet from the fridge and stove - or tap water from the sink. You go into the middle of the woods, stay in a tent for a week - and decide to leave...…. you could be too weak to make it back to your car. Or hypothermic and not thinking clearly - begin doing foolish things that will get you killed.

Consider this: After 4 days in a tent you decide to leave - you will be weak from lack of food + all sweaty and not thinkin clear from lack of water. You could easily fall maybe break an ankle or leg or hip - or something that makes it too painful to stand up. Now you are trying to crawl back to your car..... but you wont get there because what took you 4 hours to walk is not a 10 day trip crawling on your stomach. Might take another 3 or 5 days for you to slowly die.

I live in Alaska. We loose about 20 stupid people like you a year. The real shame of it - sometimes the folks tasked to search for the ignorant idiots get hurt or die. Even if God meets you at the pearly gates with open arms - she, or he - is going to be truly pissed when some search team perishes looking for you. Once day you are chatting with St Peter - next you are down in hell having a beer with Hitler and playing cards with Jeffery Dolmer.

• 5 months ago

This is a world of bodies. It's the dream we are making. Make your dream one of forgiveness and peace, don't worry about the forms.

• 5 months ago

If you think you can magically survive without food and water what makes you think that the same magic cannot regulate your temperature?

• 5 months agoReport

Lmfao

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

If a man can write a better book, preach a better sermon, or make a better mousetrap than his neighbor though he lives in a skanky tent in the forest, the world will beat a path to his door.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.