Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelMexicoOther - Mexico · 3 months ago

The safest way to get in and outta Mexico ?

So I am planning a trip to Nuevo Laredo Mexico ,I have the option to fly or to use the bus . So my question is because the cartel wars have been pretty active in Nuevo Laredo lately. What s the best way to cross the border. I was thinking of getting a taxi to get me over the bridge and my family would be waiting on the other side? What do you suggest on making it from point A to point B without falling into a bad situation? .

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

Buy a flight ticket

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 months ago

The cartels do not target tourists. They don't normally target most people living in those areas, either- if they did, everyone would be dead, including your relatives. They are all about control of the drug industry. When I went to Laredo, we parked out car on the US side and walked across the border- along with hundreds of other people. People cross the border both ways to shop, all the time. I don't know what advantage there would be to taking a taxi. Just walk.

• Eastside Guz
      Lv 6
      3 months agoReport

Just like Gypsyfish advised you to just walk over one of the available (tourist) bridges. When I visited my wife during the process of her "green card" back in 2009-2010; I did the same thing but in Cuidad Juarez which has a reputation for cartels & murdering women. I crossed over the Santa Fe one

• 3 months ago

don't stick out like a sore thumb stay in the resort areas and don't wonder off

• 3 months ago

Bro just be careful and dont act stupid. And try to act the least amount of American possible.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

If you have the option to fly, definitely, fly over. Have a great time!

• 3 months ago

I wanna add that I would be in Laredo ,Texas to cross into the international bridge #2 to Nuevo Laredo , Mexico.

• 3 months ago

Good luck crossing the border, if you can.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.