Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelMexicoOther - Mexico · 3 months ago

The safest way to get in and outta Mexico ?

So I am planning a trip to Nuevo Laredo Mexico ,I have the option to fly or to use the bus . So my question is because the cartel wars have been pretty active in Nuevo Laredo lately. What s the best way to cross the border. I was thinking of getting a taxi to get me over the bridge and my family would be waiting on the other side? What do you suggest on making it from point A to point B without falling into a bad situation? .

Buy a flight ticket

The cartels do not target tourists. They don't normally target most people living in those areas, either- if they did, everyone would be dead, including your relatives. They are all about control of the drug industry. When I went to Laredo, we parked out car on the US side and walked across the border- along with hundreds of other people. People cross the border both ways to shop, all the time. I don't know what advantage there would be to taking a taxi. Just walk.

• Eastside Guz

Just like Gypsyfish advised you to just walk over one of the available (tourist) bridges. When I visited my wife during the process of her "green card" back in 2009-2010; I did the same thing but in Cuidad Juarez which has a reputation for cartels & murdering women. I crossed over the Santa Fe one

don't stick out like a sore thumb stay in the resort areas and don't wonder off

Bro just be careful and dont act stupid. And try to act the least amount of American possible.

If you have the option to fly, definitely, fly over. Have a great time!

I wanna add that I would be in Laredo ,Texas to cross into the international bridge #2 to Nuevo Laredo , Mexico.

Good luck crossing the border, if you can.