Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationCamping · 3 months ago

What's the truth about living in a tent in the forest?

I'm trying to teach myself how to live without

eating food/water (and feed off the Holy Spirit),

so I can be free from the "rat-race." I guess

my main concern is: if I were to live in a tent in

the forest, I will be exposed to temperature-extremes.

Do 10-degree sleeping bags really work? ...and

how can I protect myself from 120 degree heat?

Advice Please

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Adam D
    Lv 7
    3 months ago
    Best Answer

The truth is that living in a tent isn't going to be comfortable at all.

Not eating or drinking, you're going to die in a couple of days. The human body can typically manage 3 days without water. When you factor in environmental exposure and physical activity, that window gets smaller and smaller. Be sure to let someone know where you're at so they can recover your body.

The ratings on sleeping bags are an estimate based on lab testing. Like anything else, they're not going to work as well in the real world. On the low end of temperature, you also will need a heat source and your tent needs to be suited to low temperatures. This is problematic for you, since you're not likely to have the energy to gather firewood regularly since you're not eating or drinking. But that's okay, dehydration will probably kill you before you freeze to death.

On the high end of the temperature spectrum, or bodies have a number of ways to deal with high temperatures. The most useful of these relies upon being properly hydrated, though. You could deal with the heat some by getting in the water, but this is temporary and cannot be sustained all day. So if you're really dealing with 100 degree temperatures and drinking no water, you will likely die on the first day.

There are very few places where you would encounter both of those temperature extremes throughout the year, and in most of North America you'll rarely be at the extremes. If you plan do to this, I recommend the high temperature option, since it will be over quicker. Our gene pool is rooting for you, get out there!

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Would you please take USAFisnumber1 with you because he is just as delusional as you are

and answers with the stupidest answers.

• Nancy
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

Watch Into the Wild. Nature is fierce. Do not be deceived by its comeliness. It will kill you horribly without so much as a thought. And if you think cold is the only enemy, you've got another think coming.

• Richard
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

So very true as Nature has no pity on us.

• 3 months ago

i look forward to seeing your obituary in the paper soon

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.