Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 11 months ago

Do you think it's wise to spend over 2,000 dollars on a 4k tv when 8k is available now? Am I throwing away money on old technology buying 4k?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 11 months ago

Hi. Yes, You are wasting money on an 8k technology ... BUT, You should buy the best 4k tech You can so that it won't fade out as quickly as the cheaper models. Get all the bells & whistles, Theater sound, connectability to lots of extras, ability to use any kind of media - USB, BluRay disc, SDCards, streaming EVERYTHING.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=we+se...

G'Luck!!!

• Who
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

dont buy something just cos its new

buy it cos it does something you want it to do NOTICEABLY better than what you got

Can YOU tell the difference between 4k and 8k? - you probably can on a BIG tv- but can you get a BIG tv into where you live? - YES you may notice the difference in a tv showroom , but you can bet THEY have BIG tvs to show off the difference and thereby persuade you to buy one

the second question is- Do you think the difference is worth the extra you will pay?

(you can waste a hellova lot of money just buying the new stuff as it comes onto the market just cos its new

hardware seller just LOVE people who do this -

WHY do you think they bring out new stuff regularly? )

• 11 months ago

if money is no object, & want it now,,have at it,,get the state of the art'

get the newest big screen

from a topotheline el primo retailer

waiting a few months for that same item to percolate across & through the numerous sales venues always sees the price discounted and wayyyyy less, waiting more time,they show up in thrift shops,and upscale used audio stores. put your money saved away in stocks,a 401K,a trip to the strand for a weekend,,something like that

I paid a hundred bucks for a yamaha 5.1 surround av receiver & speakers,

adding another 500 watts to my setup of 5 recievers & 18 speakers system,plus an 80 buck zenith color tuber job made in 1991,

old is gold.

• 11 months ago

You need glasses more than an 8K TV. Where do you think 4K and 8K content comes from. If you can't receive it from providers, yes, that is a waste of money.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 11 months ago

That seems a lot for 4k, I'm in the Uk and could get a 4k tv for quarter of that or less.

At the moment 4k needs either blu ray or a high speed internet and and I don;t se it being generally the default for 1-4 years.

• 11 months ago

I would not want even a 4k TV, let alone 8k.

HD is good enough for any reasonable person.

You would need to have a 4k screen 65 inches or larger

to see an improvement over HD, and to get any benefit from 8k,

the screen would have to be much too large to fit in an ordinary room.

• 11 months ago

Why would you spend $2000 on a 4K TV? Sure, you can, but you can also get a good one (65" Samsung) for around $500. An 8K 65" Samsung is $3500

Sure, if you have the money, buy the latest. But the latest will always drop quickly in price. So in 2 years, you can probably buy the 8K one for $1500 and you've spent only $2000 instead of $3500

• 11 months ago

Even though you get an 8k tv, the programs are not broadcast at 8k, so the actual resolution you get is much lower. Also I am not sure that the eye can tell the difference between 4 and 8.

• Ramiro
    Lv 5
    11 months ago

Yes, always stick to the new technology, if your buying old TV and buying old video game consoles/cell phones/ electronics/ then your just wasting your life (and money) 💰

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.