Why do some parents end up disliking their elementary school children after they are diagnosed with a medical condition?

I'm a grade 3 teacher and this is exactly what happened to one of my students, he started having seizures, his parents and doctors found the correct medication and now his grades have improved. To me he is the perfect child in class. The only problem this child has, he tells me his parents tell him, his... show more I'm a grade 3 teacher and this is exactly what happened to one of my students, he started having seizures, his parents and doctors found the correct medication and now his grades have improved.

To me he is the perfect child in class. The only problem this child has, he tells me his parents tell him, his medical issue is an embarrassment to other family members and he's now left out from extended family events.
Update: @Anonymous, Defective Child?.... Far from it, he's an intelligent child, gets high marks in all his lessons. His parents stopped doing homework with him, so he chose to stay in after school to do it here with the homework coach. He's not in a special needs class, because he is one of my top students.
Update 2: If I didn't do the above, his parents would just let him fall through the cracks. He's doing just as well if not better than my other students. This child has a very bright future, and by no means intellectually disabled.