what is the most often cause of vacuum leaks in a Chrysler town and country limited year 2005?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Intake manifold gaskets

• Scott
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

On a 15 year old vehicle, I'd look at vacuum hoses first.

• 2 months ago

I had one with a vacuum leak - kept tripping the Check light - 2 years of visits to the dealer and mechanics and no one could find it. Turned out to be: hard nipple/connector on the EGR valve was cracked. But that's only 1 of many possibilities.

• 2 months ago

Chrysler uses hard thin plastic lines for the vacuum system. In time, these plastic lines get brittle from the heat of the engine, then they crack and leak. Check each line at their fittings for these leaks. One way to find them is to open the hood and while the engine is running listen very carefully around the engine for the tell tale hissing sound of these leaks. Mine leaked around the vacuum lines that controlled the water valve to the heater. I found half of the leaks by listening, the other half by carefully wiggling each line near the fittings. Doing all of this while the engine is running gives you a better chance of finding the leaks. Just be careful of all of the moving parts of the engine while it is running!

Most auto parts stores sell these lines and replacement fittings.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.