Could a CPAP machine interfere with a smartphone?

My phone reboots all by itself (it powers off and on for no apparent reason) roughly every 20-25 minutes. I suspect the CPAP machine from my downstairs neighbor because all I can figure at this point is some kind of interference causing it. The phone functions flawlessly went I stay in a different city for a few days.

I've gotten many brand new replacement phones, but the same problem starts before I even go through the initial setup before activating. The cell company tried boosting the cell tower signal to no avail. And apparently no once else served by my local cell tower is reporting the same problem.

Other possible clues:

The rebooting problem will not occur if I take my SIM card out, but then I can't make calls of course.

The rebooting problem also will not occur if I happen to be getting a 3G signal instead of a 4G signal, which I have no control over.

• P
    Favorite Answer

It's probably some type of weird problem with the local cell tower trying to roll out a bad carrier update to your phone assuming it's not a bad charger or charging cable. It's definitely not the CPAP which isn't anywhere near you. Try putting it in airplane mode overnight. Unfortunately if it is the cell tower I doubt you can ever get their customer service to truly ever address the issue, so it might be time to just switch service providers.

You have a faulty phone. It's nothing to do with the CPAP or any other electrical device as there are strict FCC rules about emissions from any electrical device.

CPAP are on and used during the night, the sleeping hours. If your phone is doing all that during the waking hours too, it's not the CPAP.

And to a point, CPAP's don't broadcast signals over the air or through house wiring.

I doubt it's the CPAP doing it.

If you know anything about a CPAP, you’d know it would never just interfere with any smart devices.

I have an iPhone and an iPad and neither has any problems with the BiPap machine I’m currently using for the past 2 years

• Noah

Thanks, I don't know anything about CPAP. I'm grasping at straws here.

Do not see how a CPAP machine has anything to do with your phone. I do not see why you would think it had something to do with your downstairs neighbour. I believe you may have a problem, but why blame it on your neighbor's CPAP ? Maybe your washing machine or your other neighbor's door bell. Good luck tracing it down

• Noah

I didn't accuse him, I'm just trying to figure it out.