What to do about this job offer?
The guys who will be my boss is... a bit of a tyrant. I have worked with him before, we worked well together but we also had our tiffs. he is pushy, demanding, and bossy, and he does it in a sly way.
Reason I applied? The huge company is in uncertain times. I didn't know if I will be facing retrenchment or not. But presently, my current boss is delaying my transfer because he wants me to stay. Things are a little more certain now. The thing is though, if I stay, I would need to do a 130km round trip to work and back each day! But I get an increase
If I take the transfer with the tyrant, my salary remains, and the office is 7km away.